About Me

My photo
We are extremely blessed! J and I have been happily married for 4 years and continue to grow and learn more about each other everyday(you would think after knowing each other for over 15 years there wouldn't be anything else to learn)!! Josh is currently a submarine officer in the Navy. We just finished up our shore duty in Monterey, CA and SOAC(dept.head school) in Groton, CT and are now living in Virginia for a short while where Josh is the ENG on the Tennessee. We will be moving to Georgia with in the next year and couldn't be more excited! While Josh is busy on the submarine I am busy raising our two sweet little girls Adah and Michaela! We love being parents and watching our sweet baby girls grow, change, and learn each day! Can't forget about our first "children"...our crazy cats Izzy and Ollie! We have been blessed with the best friends and family in the world. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the coming years!

Blog Archive

Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday's Fab Five

Not too much exciting this week but here are a few (5) exciting happenings:

1. It was SUPER warm here on Monday so after Adah's nap(or her pathetic attempt at one) her and I headed out for ice cream and some fun at the park. We went to a different park this time...but it is one that we have been to several times! It is called Forest of Fun! It is a HUGE fenced in play area surrounded by trees! Of course Adah has no interest in the play structures but absolutely LOVES to chase the squirrels!
Here is Adah on one of her attempts to catch a squirrel!
2. On Tuesday we went to story time again and like before Adah loved to read all the books in the store! I found several cute ones that I want to get her....my most favorite is Tickle Monster and I want the gift set that comes with the tickle monster gloves! Adah's favorite and another one I want to get her is Llama Llama Red Pajamas! This week we read 2 really cute Thanksgiving stories and the kids got to color a picture of a turkey...Adah was so much interested in the coloring as she was taking out all the crayons and playing with them!

3. For the first time since Josh started back to work, he made it home for dinner on Wednesday! He actually came home WAY before dinner...he was home by 3! Since I didn't plan anything for dinner cause I didn't expect him to be home we decided to go out and eat and celebrate our Thanksgiving a night early at Cracker Barrel!
Adah playing with the toys!
She HAD to have the cornbread...even though she has never seen nor had it before! She also tried fried okra for the first time and loved it! She must be a true southern girl at heart!
4. Since we just moved to VA and don't really know many people and I am unable to travel due to the fact that I could have this baby any second....it was just the three of us for Thanksgiving this year! We enjoyed dinner the night before like I mentioned and just spend Thanksgiving hanging out around the house and getting things ready for the new baby! We did take a look at the paper and all the ads....Adah even had to look through most of them....but we didn't see anything worth waking a sleeping baby over to go out with all the crazies!
Adah checking out the Toys R Us ad to see if there was anything she NEEDED!
5. We got most of our Christmas shopping done for Adah today and I got ALL my shopping done for Josh (that includes Anniversary, his Birthday, and Christmas)! We also got the babies bed set up and her room pretty much all together! Now we just need her to decide to come!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: