About Me

My photo
We are extremely blessed! J and I have been happily married for 4 years and continue to grow and learn more about each other everyday(you would think after knowing each other for over 15 years there wouldn't be anything else to learn)!! Josh is currently a submarine officer in the Navy. We just finished up our shore duty in Monterey, CA and SOAC(dept.head school) in Groton, CT and are now living in Virginia for a short while where Josh is the ENG on the Tennessee. We will be moving to Georgia with in the next year and couldn't be more excited! While Josh is busy on the submarine I am busy raising our two sweet little girls Adah and Michaela! We love being parents and watching our sweet baby girls grow, change, and learn each day! Can't forget about our first "children"...our crazy cats Izzy and Ollie! We have been blessed with the best friends and family in the world. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the coming years!

Blog Archive

Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Fab Five

I have decided to copy by BF Rachel because she is just so awesome! No but really she is so good at keeping up with her blog each week and I have decided to strive to be as good as her so therefore I am going to copy her and do a Friday Fab 5 and share 5 FABULOUS things each week! If you haven't yet checked out her blog you should because her son(Adah's boyfriend and future husband) is one CUTE dude! You can check out her blog HERE!

Now on to my FAB 5 for the week:

1) I have been trying some new recipes lately and on Monday I tried this new Taco soup recipe that a friend had on her FB and had gotten of THIS blog! It was SOOO easy and YUMMY and Adah even LOVED it!



2) On Tuesday Adah and I went to the Virginia Beach Aquarium with our new friend Stephanie and her daughter Caitlyn! Caitlyn is about to turn 2 and her mommy Stephanie is due 1 month to the day after me with another little girl...not to mention they are from TEXAS! Stephanie has a membership to the Aquarium so we were able to go for free! The girls LOVED it and followed each other around and would even walk around holding hands! It was the cutest thing EVER! After walking through half of the aquarium we decided that it was time for a picnic lunch! After lunch we loaded the girls up and headed over to a cupcake place were Stephanie had a Groupon for(check out groupon HERE!) and we each got 3 YUMMY cupcakes!

These are my cupcakes: peanut butter chocolate, red velvet, and Vanilla bean

Adah checking out the fish!

3) On Wednesday I had my 34 week OB appointment and finally met the other doctor in the practice and really liked her alot! Adah went with me to the appointment and was a complete ANGEL! Looks like baby girl #2 is measuring a week ahead and completely healthy! I go back on the 1st of December and start going every week after that! We found out that this OB practice does not like for you to go past your due date so at my next appointment they will have a date on the calendar for me to be induced given that the little princess hasn't come by then! I'm hoping that she stays put and they induce around the 20-21st! I am TERRIFIED to go into labor on my own since I was induced with Adah a week early! I am however thankful that I have had little to no swelling and no issues with my blood pressure this pregnancy. The OB here has been running a lot of tests and keeping a close eye on me so that she can catch it early on if I start to have signs of pre eclampsia again! I am even still wearing my wedding rings which is AMAZING since I wasn't even wearing them halfway through my second trimester with Adah! I know people keep asking and think that we may be telling some and not others but believe it or not we do NOT have a name for our little peanut yet! We have a few we keep throwing around and nothing seems right to me yet. Hopefully I will like a name by the time I see her! haha! I want uncommon/not popular names....I hate that there are a MILLION people with mine and Josh's name! If you haveing any good ideas of unique or uncommon girl names feel free to share....
4) Also on Tuesday Adah had her 18mth well baby check up! I wouldn't exactly classify this as a FABULOUS event by any means but it was exciting to find out some more accurate states on her. She is quite the growing girl! We did find out that her stats from last week were off bc she is such a squirmer and HATES the doctor! She is 27lbs (80%) and 32.5 inches tall(95%) and I don't remember the exact measurement of her head but I know she was in the 75%! It was quite the eventful 2 hours at the doctor...like I mentioned she HATES the doctor and to be touched.....she cried all but 15 combined minutes of the entire 2 hours! She even had to have blood drawn from her arm for the first time and it took me and 4 other nurses to pin her down so they could get the blood! The good thing is she no longer has to take a vitamin with iron in it...at her 9mth check up they said she was slightly anemic(sp) and she is no longer so we can stop the iron vitamin! After getting blood drawn she had to get her Hep A shot...but thank God she doesn't have to get anymore shots until she is 4....of course other than the seasonal flu shot each year :(!
Here is her little bandage from getting blood drawn! Poor girl!

5) Thursday and today we have tried to get out and about and enjoy the weather and outdoors! Yesterday we went to toddler story time at Barnes and Nobles! It was our first time to go to anything like that and Adah loved it! She got to color and hear a story and her and I walked around and read books for what seemed like forever to me but she could have sat there all day and never gotten tired of reading! Adah LOVES to read...she plays with her books more than any other toy she has. She even refuses to get in the bath at night because all she wants to do is read....so now we have to read 2 books to her while she is in the bath in order for us to get her in there and for her to let us wash her! Today Adah and I checked out another local park in the are...this one is on a lake and was so pretty! You have to walk down a short trail through the trees to get there but I think that was Adah's favorite part because she loves trees and got to pick up leaves! We can't wait to go back to the park (hopefully this weekend) and show daddy!



Hope you enjoyed our first Fab 5!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great. I always read Rachels when I check yours. Sounds like you guys are doing well in your new place. Love, Aunt Kathy

Debbie said...

Did Josh like the Taco soup? It looks really good!

Thanks for sharing all the information and pictures! I just love to read about what's going on with ya'll!

Love you so much!

Mom/Grandma