The holiday weekend didn't start out to well for Josh and I. It seems as though since the weather is warmer here in Monterey our allergies are attacking us big time! We have both been down for the count....but still having to suck it up and go to work and school.....sleeping at night....the little that we do get is not very good......since we were both off on Monday and spent Saturday and Sunday trying to fight the allergies...we decided to actually do something. Josh and I and our good friends from the boat back in Connecticut that came out to Monterey a few months before us....Bonnie and Noel and their little one Nicholas.....all went to Gilroy, CA about 45 min away and went to the Gilroy Gardens amusement park...and then to the outlet malls. Military got in free on Monday at the Gardens so we decided that we would try it out. It was not crowded at all...which we were very surprised. It was a very pretty park....but it is pretty much for young kids. It was still fun though to walk around....they have over 40 gardens in the park....a butterfly sanctuary....a bee habitat.....waterfalls....ponds with swan paddle boats....and much much more.....we even rode one of the roller coasters. It is so fun to get out and try new things and see new things while we are here in California! It was also a lot of fun to get to hang out with the Wadsworths.....we hadn't seen them in a few weeks and we live like 5 min. away from each other. Here are a few pictures that we took at the park. Enjoy! Oh and Josh got his schedule for the next quarter...and it is just as good if not better than the current one. Josh takes finals starting the week of the 22nd and the next quarter begins the week of the 29th. His new schedule looks like this:
MW 10-noon and 1-5
TR 8-noon
F no class...again!
its a hard life he leads :)
These are for Rachel....the entry was lined with Palm trees!

Some of the waterfalls in the park...

Josh and I infront of the falls...we got soaked!

There were so many cool trees!

Hibiscus trees...so pretty...

and Orchid trees....

another cool twisty tree....

a crazy palm tree.....

another cool tree.....

4 comments:
Ahhhhh, I want to be there! Great pics! I'm glad you're having fun. Sorry about the allergies, though. If it makes you feel any better, they've been kickin' my booty here too.
I'm glad you got to Anthropologie.
It is my mecca.
Excuse me, I need to go blow my nose.
:)
Change your font. I can't read it. It needs to be darker or something. I had to highlight it to see it better. And that was extra work for me and I didn't like it. Also, I didn't mean to click on the palm tree picture and make it bigger. I know you can tell when people click on them. It was by accident, but I do love palm trees.
Amanda! What a cute layout! You are so creative. Those trees are crazy! I love them! You have so many cool adventures! I will have to live vicariously though you. I need a vacation!
Kristen gets out early today and she will go pick up Josh from Tech. I am giving her a hard time about not asking permission. Those two... haha Have a great week!
These are wonderful pictures!! I love the one of you and Josh in front of the waterfall. It is such a great picture!
Love ya'll!
Post a Comment