About Me

My photo
We are extremely blessed! J and I have been happily married for 4 years and continue to grow and learn more about each other everyday(you would think after knowing each other for over 15 years there wouldn't be anything else to learn)!! Josh is currently a submarine officer in the Navy. We just finished up our shore duty in Monterey, CA and SOAC(dept.head school) in Groton, CT and are now living in Virginia for a short while where Josh is the ENG on the Tennessee. We will be moving to Georgia with in the next year and couldn't be more excited! While Josh is busy on the submarine I am busy raising our two sweet little girls Adah and Michaela! We love being parents and watching our sweet baby girls grow, change, and learn each day! Can't forget about our first "children"...our crazy cats Izzy and Ollie! We have been blessed with the best friends and family in the world. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the coming years!

Blog Archive

Monday, June 30, 2008

From working all the time to almost never.....

I guess Josh deserves to have a break after all the hard work that he has done on the submarine....but we didn't realize that he was going to have it this good!!! Like I mentioned in the previous post, Josh checked into NPS on Friday and got his school schedule....and here it is:

Monday and Wednesday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Tuesday and Thursday 8:00am - 10:00am and then 1:00-3:00pm
Friday NOTHING

Don't you wish you had that kind of schedule?!?!?! Thats only 16hrs a week!!! Although he will have to put in more time for studying....he still has a pretty good schedule! I'm glad though that he gets a break for a little bit...he more than deserves this time. As for me....I will be looking for a job soon....not sure what I want to do...nothing perminent obviously....since we are only here for 18months....but I will be finding something once our stream of visitors dies down....although anyone is welcome to come and visit anytime.....I am SOO excited about my visitors this summer.....Christie and Eric the day after tomorrow.....my parents the beginning of August....and Rachel the end of August....not to mention our trip to Colorado the first weekend of August for Amanda(Josh's Step sister) and Ben's wedding!! I can't wait to see everyone...both in Colorado and visitors here! Well...that is all for now....gonna go practice my Mario Kart...gonna play via the wi-fi with Christie and Eric later! Hope everyone has a good week....I will probably not update again until next Tuesday when Christie and Eric leave!

Love and Hugs,
Amanda and Josh

5 comments:

rebecca said...

Ooooh, have fun with C & E! I'm looking into the skype thing. Christy told me about it Sunday.

I want to skype with you. :)

Honestly, is Cali really all it's cracked up to be? I'm getting nervous about the move! Haha!

Rachel said...

Hi. I went to that website to get a new background. Found some cute ones. I tried to update mine, but my center of the blog didn't change...might need your help with that. How did you get your's to change completely?

Lindsay Ward said...

Sounds like you guys are enjoying California. I can't wait to visit! Are you still up for the half marathon? I was going to email you about it this week.

Rachel said...

ahhhhh...your background is gone too! what the heck happened?

Rachel said...

hey...my background came back, so yours probably will too.