About Me

My photo
We are extremely blessed! J and I have been happily married for 4 years and continue to grow and learn more about each other everyday(you would think after knowing each other for over 15 years there wouldn't be anything else to learn)!! Josh is currently a submarine officer in the Navy. We just finished up our shore duty in Monterey, CA and SOAC(dept.head school) in Groton, CT and are now living in Virginia for a short while where Josh is the ENG on the Tennessee. We will be moving to Georgia with in the next year and couldn't be more excited! While Josh is busy on the submarine I am busy raising our two sweet little girls Adah and Michaela! We love being parents and watching our sweet baby girls grow, change, and learn each day! Can't forget about our first "children"...our crazy cats Izzy and Ollie! We have been blessed with the best friends and family in the world. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the coming years!

Blog Archive

Friday, February 29, 2008

FUN FILLED FEBRUARY!

Its been a while.....I think I have started all my blogs out that way lately. It just doesn't seem like I have time to sit down and write or load pictures. With Josh coming and going our schedule is crazy....since he has been home we have had something going on for the boat every weekend....so during the week when he is not on duty we try to spend time together. We are told that we will see more than enough of each other once we move to California for shore duty.....I think we are both looking forward to that. Well....lets see.....what have we been up to lately......Josh got home at the end of January.....the first weekend in February we had a dolphin pinning ceremony for a guy on the boat....then the next night was Captain Bernacchi's farwell, Captain Doyle's Hail, and Noel and Bonnie's farewell. Bonnie and Noel are actually on their way to California. They will be in Monterey with us....which is really exciting. Anyway....The hail and farewell was a lot of fun.....it was at S&P Oyster Company which is a seafood restraunt in Downtown Mystic. That next week was Valentine's Day. Josh and I did not do much.....we decided to only give homemade gifts this year and homemade cards......Josh TOTALLY out did me this time...he made me a shadow box of things that he had saved from when we first started dating back in High School.....It is so AWESOME.....I have not taken any pictures of that but I will try to do that soon. On Valentine's night we babyset Bonnie and Noel's new baby Nicholas so that they could go out. Its okay though....because the very next day Josh and I left for Alexandria, Virginia for 4 days. For those that don't know Josh was selected as JO of the year and so we got an all expense paid trip to Alexandria, Virginia with Captain Bernacchi and his wife as well as a few other sailors. It was so much fun....but tiring. Friday when we got there we had to go to some meetings with the Mayor and other city and navy league officials. Saturday we had free time in the morning/day so Josh and I took advantage of going into DC. That was really neat...it was actually my first time to be in DC. That evening we had a ball to go to.....it was the George Washington Birthday Ball.....but the neat thing everyone was in costume and we all had to "talk" and "act" as though it was 1766. It was so fun. Then Sunday we had a brunch with the members of the navy league then got a VIP tour (thanks to the mayor) of the Masonic Temple....which was really cool as well. That evening Josh and I had dinner with the captain and his wife. Monday....stared out with the Fireman's breakfast then followed by the George Washington Birthday Parade...which Josh got to walk in along with the others that went. It was a crazy busy weekend....but tons of fun! I do have pictures of the weekend so I will be posting those. We got back from Virginia Late Monday night....and then that Friday was the Change of Command. To make Friday more interesting.....we got at least 3 inches of snow....if not more....that morning.....not real sure how much it was but I do know that it was the most snow I have ever seen. Anyways....we went to the Ceremony that afternoon....which was sad. It hard to see the captain leave. That evening we went to the new captains party at the Seaman's Inn in Downtown Mystic.....followed by the now old captains party at his home. After such a long, fun filled day....we decided to take it easy the rest of the weekend and just hang out with one another. Sooo....that brings us to this week.....Monday I woke up having another dizzy spell.....just like I did exactly one year ago.....Kinda weird I know....that has been going on for this whole week and I have a doctors appointment on Monday so that maybe this time they may be able to find out what is going on. After such a crazy month.....and what feels like no down time.....Josh will once again be leaving soon....but don't you worry.... he is actually going to be here for my Birthday this year. This will be my first birthday he has been home in 2 years.....and the first of my birthdays that I will get to spend with him since High School. WEIRD! Anyways.....I'm tired of writing and I will try to be better at keeping this thing updated. I will post some pictures this afternoon of our fun filled February!

4 comments:

Lou Ann & Banks said...

Wow what a month! I love the blog it is bright, cheery and so "springy". xoxo

Rachel said...

I love the new background. Good choice!

Debbie said...

I also love the new background--it is beautiful--but I miss the pictures from your honeymoon and the one of you kissing the night of your wedding!!

I love ya'll!!

Rachel said...

I changed my background too, since that seems to be the cool thing to do. I changed it once to something pink with roses and Kyle made me change it because that was too girly. When does he ever use the blog? So then I went back to the dots...just the light color this time. I might continue adding some new stuff to it...we'll see.