About Me

My photo
We are extremely blessed! J and I have been happily married for 4 years and continue to grow and learn more about each other everyday(you would think after knowing each other for over 15 years there wouldn't be anything else to learn)!! Josh is currently a submarine officer in the Navy. We just finished up our shore duty in Monterey, CA and SOAC(dept.head school) in Groton, CT and are now living in Virginia for a short while where Josh is the ENG on the Tennessee. We will be moving to Georgia with in the next year and couldn't be more excited! While Josh is busy on the submarine I am busy raising our two sweet little girls Adah and Michaela! We love being parents and watching our sweet baby girls grow, change, and learn each day! Can't forget about our first "children"...our crazy cats Izzy and Ollie! We have been blessed with the best friends and family in the world. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the coming years!

Blog Archive

Thursday, March 1, 2007

PREGNANT!?!?!?!

Well...that is what the doctors thought. They would have even put money on it. Luckily.....they were WRONG! I'm not pregnant...thank God.....but I am sick. When I woke up yesterday morning the room was spinning and I was nauseated.....I woke up at six and couldn't get out of bed until 11. I was so scared....go figure something would happen the day after Josh leaves. It got better through the day but I still felt nauseated....had a headache....and felt a little off when I would move too much.....! It did the same this morning but not near as bad as yesterday. I went to the doctor this morning to get it checked out and they really did think that I was pregnant. They tested me for Vertigo. They said that I have benign postitional vertigo....that could be brought on my a middle ear infection.....I have never even had a regular ear infection....they gave me some medicine for the dizziness so hopefully that will help. They however are sending my to a neuroligist to get checked out. I just hope that it is nothing serious and that it clears up soon. I am starting work on Monday and it would suck if I was still dizzy all day. Please pray for me that this will pass and that it really is nothing serious.....and pray for my strength while Josh is gone. It is really scary to be here by myself and going through this. I was able to go with Rachel the day the guys left to watch them pull out on the River into the deep blue.....here are some of the pictures that I got of Josh's boat and the guys on top. Josh however was inside the boat and not on top. It was really cool to get to see them leave. It made it a lot more real than ever. It was sad!



I love him and miss him so much! I am so proud of all he does. Keep him in your prayers as he is gone and is under stress to get qualified before he gets back!






5 comments:

Zoo Keepers said...

sorry that you are there without family nearby. You are in prayers everyday and so is Josh. Keep your chin up, God does not give us challenges we truly can't handle with His help. Thanks for the pictures Nick will love them. Let us know how it goes with the neurologist.
Love and XOXOXOXOXO
Amber n Nick

Lindsay Ward said...

I hope your dizziness goes away soon! I am glad you're not pregnat! Not because I don't want another neice/nephew but b/c you guys just got married! I love the gifts (i might be partial to one that I put a little work into). Thanks for all the updates even if they are all at once. I'll update after I quit working :(

Anonymous said...

Hey, Amanda! I'm sorry you've been feeling so bad and I'm praying that you get better real soon!! As much as I want a grandchild, I know ya'll need to wait a while before you have a child. On Banks' and my three year anniversary, I was three months pregnant with Josh. Just thought I'd share that with you.

I called and left a message for you yesterday. I was hoping you'd call me back, but I guess you've just been feeling too bad. I do hope to talk to you soon!

I love you!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I forgot to ask you if you'd e-mail me the pictures of Josh's sub leaving. I think those are so cool!

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I had the same thing last year. The doctor did a WEIRD procedure on me twice to relieve the vertigo (something about "crystals" floating around in the ear canal that had to be shaken up & made to settle at the base of my ear canal)anyway between that & the medications it went away finally. I still get dizzy if I lay on my right ear.
Sound like you are ready to go back to work. Hope it goes well for you. Keep busy, the time will pass before you know it. See ya soon!

Aunt Kathy