About Me

My photo
We are extremely blessed! J and I have been happily married for 4 years and continue to grow and learn more about each other everyday(you would think after knowing each other for over 15 years there wouldn't be anything else to learn)!! Josh is currently a submarine officer in the Navy. We just finished up our shore duty in Monterey, CA and SOAC(dept.head school) in Groton, CT and are now living in Virginia for a short while where Josh is the ENG on the Tennessee. We will be moving to Georgia with in the next year and couldn't be more excited! While Josh is busy on the submarine I am busy raising our two sweet little girls Adah and Michaela! We love being parents and watching our sweet baby girls grow, change, and learn each day! Can't forget about our first "children"...our crazy cats Izzy and Ollie! We have been blessed with the best friends and family in the world. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the coming years!

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

24...

Since today is my 24th birthday....I guess I will list 24 things that I am thankful for:

1. God's Love and Forgiveness
2. My wonderful Husband...and every second that I get to spend with him
3. Family
4. Friends....Near and Far
5. laughter
6. my Job
7. beautiful apartment....would be better if it was a house....in time
8. Love
9. Sunny days
10. US Navy...sometimes
11. My health
12. email.....don't know what I would do if I couldn't communicate with Josh at all
13. kitties.....especially my crazy Izzy
14. Hugs
15. Memories
16. My church home.....here and in Arlington
17. Febreeze...I love clean smells
18. Candles...I'm pretty much obsessed
19. LIFE...in general
20. Board Games
21. American Idol nights with Rachel
22. Flowers
23. Pictures
24. Being Happy!
25. One to grow on.....I am thankful that my husband got us cable that you can record show with

Even though my birthday wish didn't come true and Josh didn't come home.....I had a good one. Thank you all for your birthday wishes, cards, and phone calls(songs).....I really appreciate them all......most of all Thanks to Rachel for making my first birthday away from home and my hubby a great one.

Rachel cooked dinner and we watched American Idol....of course...and another friend Tina came over. Rachel even has a sign up on her door that said happy birthday Amanda!

It is such a blessing when God puts such great people in our lives. I am so thankful for everyone that I have in my life. New and old!

Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good birthday even though Josh was not there. I did try to call you twice and even sang to you in the first message I left for you. I hope that put a smile on your face! I had really hoped to be able to talk to you. I love the list of 24 things you are thankful for. That was a wonderful thing to do!! I'm so glad you have good friends there that did their part in making your birthday a good one.

Let me know when you get the other little birthday gift that I sent you.

I love you!

Momma Ward said...

Your father and I are so proud of you and the person you have become. The last 24 yrs have gone so fast actually the last 25 because its hard for me to believe Justin is that old also.