Since Josh started back to work this week on a submarine and works A LOT (leaves around 5am and doesn't get home until 8:30pm at the earliest) I have a little bit of time to play on the internet after I clean up from putting Adah down and dinner! I have really been trying to find some new things to cook...I absolutely love to cook but when you have a picky husband and a daughter that is following in his footsteps it makes it hard to find new things...but I found 3 new recipes that I am beyond excited about! I have also been trying to make sure that they are easy to reheat and more importantly good reheated since Adah and I eat before Josh gets home! I made the first one tonight and it was SOOO good! It was a super easy lasagna....I usually make one that you don't have to cook the noodles first but this one has a lot more flavor and some different ingredients! I had to hide from Josh what was in it bc if he knew then he wouldn't even try it! He ate it and LOVED it! I thought I would share the recipe with the ya'll incase you wanted to try it too!
Easy Lasagna
(I found the recipe on this fun blog; click HERE to see!)
Ingredients:
- no cook lasagna noodles
- 28-32 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- 1 8oz cream cheese
- 1 cup chicken stalk
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1-2 garlic gloves-minced
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tbs red wine (optional)
- 2 tbs white wine (optional)
Preheat oven to 400
lightly grease a baking dish
Brown ground turkey and add in the basil oregano and garlic.
Cook until meat is no longer pink and garlic is fragrant.
Add in spaghetti sauce and let simmer for about 5 min. Add red wine here if you are using it( I didn't and it was amazing but can't wait to try it with). Add salt and pepper to taste.
While meat sauce is simmering, bring chicken stock to a boil and add in the cream cheese.
Reduce heat to low and whisk cream cheese as it starts to melt and it will turn into a liquid/paste. Add white wine if using(again I didn't use it but I'm want to try it). Add salt and pepper to taste.
Put 1/2 of the meat sauce mixture in the baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Cover with a layer of noodles.
Pour white sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with next cup of mozzarella. Add another layer of noodles over top.
Put remaining meat sauce over noodles and Sprinkle the last cup of mozzarella on top and top with parmesan cheese.
Bake 35 mins until brown and bubbly.
Let sit 10-15 mins.
Hope you enjoy as much as we did! 
.jpg)
4 comments:
i'm impressed you took pictures! now let's see pictures of your new crib, yo!
Sounds great! I may even try it. Enjoyed scanning the blog that you got the recipe from..
Aunt Kathy
Sounds yummy!! I will have to try it!!
Love ya'll!
Mom/Grandma
Made this for dinner tonight... Wendell and I both really liked it! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)
Post a Comment