About Me

My photo
We are extremely blessed! J and I have been happily married for 4 years and continue to grow and learn more about each other everyday(you would think after knowing each other for over 15 years there wouldn't be anything else to learn)!! Josh is currently a submarine officer in the Navy. We just finished up our shore duty in Monterey, CA and SOAC(dept.head school) in Groton, CT and are now living in Virginia for a short while where Josh is the ENG on the Tennessee. We will be moving to Georgia with in the next year and couldn't be more excited! While Josh is busy on the submarine I am busy raising our two sweet little girls Adah and Michaela! We love being parents and watching our sweet baby girls grow, change, and learn each day! Can't forget about our first "children"...our crazy cats Izzy and Ollie! We have been blessed with the best friends and family in the world. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the coming years!

Blog Archive

Thursday, May 20, 2010

ONE YEAR!

I'm about a week and a half late but better late than never! Well...as most of you know my sweet little Adah Mae turned 1 on May 12th! I feel so "like everyone else" saying that it is hard to believe and that one year went by so fast....but it is so true! She is getting to be such a big girl! We had lots of family in town and had the best first birthday party a little girl could ever want....like she will EVER remember but it made me happy! Ha! I have been so busy lately with planning her party...getting her well....and family being in town....and now Adah and I are headed to Houston tomorrow for my college roommate reunion weekend! I promise to post her 12th month bear picture along with pictures and details of the big birthday party! Right now I will just stick to what she has been up to lately developmentally:

She had her 1 year well baby check up on her birthday(I know we are mean parents)....she weighed in at 22lbs and was 29inches long!

What are up up do today:

-points to anything she wants or that is hers and then to herself
-favorite number is 8
-favorite letters are I and B
-loves bananas, string cheese and ANYTHING we are eating
-started to walk with her hands on the ground instead of crawl
-size 3 diapers
-size 6-12 and 12-18 clothes
-can wear a bow in her hair w/o a headband....but no longer likes them...makes momma sad
-loves to entertain with her MANY facial expressions
-had an ATTITUDE and knows how to throw a tempertantrum with the best of them
-if you ask her what a cow says she will moo and then smile
-can stand on her own w/o holding on
-if asked what a coyote says she will howl
-if you ask her where someone is that isn't around she will raise her hands in the "i don't know" position
-has 8 teeth
-had her first fever of 104+ and trip to the ER and rash

My little sweet potatah you have grown and changed so much in the past year! This has by far been the best and most tiring year of my life and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world! You are my everything! You make me happy to get up at 6am just to see your beautiful smile! I love how happy you get everytime you see your daddy and how much fun you have playing with dada! You never meet a stranger and you make everyone you meet smile with your silly faces and contagious smile! You are beyond perfect! I can not wait to see how much you change and grow in the years to come! I thank God for you everyday! Ma-ma loves you soooo much!

4 comments:

LouAnn said...

She is just perfect!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

What a sweet little post! The tantrum one made me laugh :)

Rachel said...

Finally an update! I was getting ready to yell at you! Wish you were. I'm about to feed B and go to Stroller Strides. Have a stellar day in the Tejas!

Debbie said...

Can't wait to see birthday pictures!!!

Love ya'll so much!

Grandma