About Me

My photo
We are extremely blessed! J and I have been happily married for 4 years and continue to grow and learn more about each other everyday(you would think after knowing each other for over 15 years there wouldn't be anything else to learn)!! Josh is currently a submarine officer in the Navy. We just finished up our shore duty in Monterey, CA and SOAC(dept.head school) in Groton, CT and are now living in Virginia for a short while where Josh is the ENG on the Tennessee. We will be moving to Georgia with in the next year and couldn't be more excited! While Josh is busy on the submarine I am busy raising our two sweet little girls Adah and Michaela! We love being parents and watching our sweet baby girls grow, change, and learn each day! Can't forget about our first "children"...our crazy cats Izzy and Ollie! We have been blessed with the best friends and family in the world. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the coming years!

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Little Peanuts name......

Well....we still have not decided on a middle name for our little girl but decided to go ahead and let you know her first name. I have always been one for old names....and names that are not popular.....so one night while Josh and I were reading the bible we came across the name Adah.....I was like oh...thats kinda cute....Josh wasn't too into it....but this was before we knew that we were having a girl...and before we were pregnant. So after a long time of talking about names.....Josh finally was like...you know I really like the name Adah....so once we found out that we were expecting a little girl we knew exactly what we wanted to name her. When we decided to name her Adah and told my parents and grandparents....and ended finding out that my grandma was born in Ada, Oklahoma.....and that on my grandfathers side I had an aunt Adah...but she spelled it Ada.....we like the spelling Adah because that is how it is spelled in the bible......we also really fell in love with the meaning of the name Adah: Beautiful, ornament, Adornment....We have gotten a lot questions of where in the bible Adah is found...it is in Genesis and Adah is the name of the wives of Lamech and Esau. Another cool fact we found out was the Adah is the second female name mentioned in the bible...the first of course being Eve.

As soon as we decide on the middle name I will be sure to post and give you all the information on her middle name as well!

I know I have promised pictures....hopefully I will get Josh to take some today and post them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look great!
When Neil was carrying the girls I was awe-inspired by the whole process. It is the most beautiful process of God's creation. (Easy for a man to say.)
Little Adah is already influencing the people around her. It is just amazing.
I have to admit I have this over powering urge to reach out and touch your stomach...
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Allie and Sarah are ready to welcome Adah into the family sisterhood.

All of our love,

Billy, Neil, Allie and Sarah