About Me

My photo
We are extremely blessed! J and I have been happily married for 4 years and continue to grow and learn more about each other everyday(you would think after knowing each other for over 15 years there wouldn't be anything else to learn)!! Josh is currently a submarine officer in the Navy. We just finished up our shore duty in Monterey, CA and SOAC(dept.head school) in Groton, CT and are now living in Virginia for a short while where Josh is the ENG on the Tennessee. We will be moving to Georgia with in the next year and couldn't be more excited! While Josh is busy on the submarine I am busy raising our two sweet little girls Adah and Michaela! We love being parents and watching our sweet baby girls grow, change, and learn each day! Can't forget about our first "children"...our crazy cats Izzy and Ollie! We have been blessed with the best friends and family in the world. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the coming years!

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The belly...

So I'm needing a little advice from those who read my blog.....How do you politely tell others (stangers or not) that you do not want them touching your belly? I don't get it anyway...why would you want to touch someone elses belly!? It isn't like you are touching the baby...weird!

PS...make this my polite way of telling all of you that I do not want my belly being touched! If and when you see me!

I am not trying to be mean...it is just a personal preference that I have...and I do not feel comfortable with sranger, family, or friend touching my belly...it really freaks me out!

:)


10 comments:

Rachel said...

The next time someone tries to touch your belly, I think you should do the same to them and ask them when they are due. No matter how skinny or fat, young or old they are, reach towards their stomach and say, "I'm due May 19th. When is your little precious baby due?"
At least that would be funny. I'm not sure how to stop people from touching your belly altogether. Other than to make sure you look skanky and dirty every time you go out, so people think they'll catch a disease if they touch you.

Debbie said...

Rachel is soooo funny! Sweetie, I don't know how to keep people from doing that other than just telling them not to. This has always been a problem--people just seem to be fascinated with pregnant bellies. This happens to every pregnant woman.

I can't wait to see you tomorrow! I'll try to remember not to touch your belly! ;-)

Love you!

Jane said...

You crack me up! Kristen is a very "touch me not" type person and she says that she has a bubble around her and that is her personal space and she doesn't want anyone to invade HER personal space. I guess when people talk to you, you could just start backing up! haha Good luck!

valerie said...

i like rachel's ideas. i have a few others -
a. punch their stupid lights out.
b. have josh drop kick them.
c. wear something around your belly that will electrocute them when they touch you.
d. find a shirt similar to the cartoon you posted and buy 7 of them - one for each day of the week.
e. walk around with your hands folded around your stomach so you can slap their hands away when they go for the tum tum...
f. that's all i have for now. this is such an exciting time! i don't know why people do it, but they do... try not to let it bother you!

The Scogin Family said...

I have to say I have no advice for you - It happened to me as well and I have no clue what to do or say. I'm SO non confrontational so I just learned to deal with it. Just wait til you're out in public and some random person touches your baby's hands/face! I had a friend who turned to find a lady with her finger in her baby's mouth!!! This is just the beginning! :) Hope you're feeling well! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda...other than telling them not to touch, or slapping their hand away...I have no idea what to tell you! It is just the beginning though! I have not had a stranger try to touch me and I don't mind when my family/friends do it (most of the time) but they usually ask....hate to say it but you are just going to have to be blunt with them and say no...like you would a child :) good luck girl and Merry Christmas!!!

Lou Ann & Banks said...

I agree with Jane. Back up when they are asking you when you are do, apologize and explain that you have space issues.

rebecca said...

I dunno, but Rachel might be on to something... just skank it up. ;) No one will go near ya! I also like the idea of backing up. Just the picture of you doing that, in my mind, cracks me up!

I never really minded if someone touched the baby belly because most people stayed clear :)

valerie said...

i'm suffering from some major "keeping up with the dishmons" update withdrawals.... no updates on visitors? or on a song of the week! woman! get on it! :)

The Fretts said...

I have no experience with this yet. If I were to come up with something I would say, as someone reaches for your stomach, you reach out and shake their hand and say nice to meet you.

It will take them off guard. If they reach again then shake their hand again. Maybe they will get the idea.