About Me

My photo
We are extremely blessed! J and I have been happily married for 4 years and continue to grow and learn more about each other everyday(you would think after knowing each other for over 15 years there wouldn't be anything else to learn)!! Josh is currently a submarine officer in the Navy. We just finished up our shore duty in Monterey, CA and SOAC(dept.head school) in Groton, CT and are now living in Virginia for a short while where Josh is the ENG on the Tennessee. We will be moving to Georgia with in the next year and couldn't be more excited! While Josh is busy on the submarine I am busy raising our two sweet little girls Adah and Michaela! We love being parents and watching our sweet baby girls grow, change, and learn each day! Can't forget about our first "children"...our crazy cats Izzy and Ollie! We have been blessed with the best friends and family in the world. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the coming years!

Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Two plus One makes Three.....

In case you didn't figure it out by the title.....or you don't already know.....Josh and I are EXPECTING our first little Dish in May! We found out to our surprise in early September......after I took 3 different pregnancy tests on 3 different days....at 3 different times...just to make sure that it was reading right...or I wasn't seeing things! Needless to say we were both very excited! I made an appointment to see my primary care doctor 4 days later to have the test confirmed and to get referred to an OB GYN.......and the first thing he said to me when he came in the room to give me the results was...."Do you have a supportive husband? Are you sure that a baby is what you want?" I was a little taken back that those were his first words.....chuckled and said yeah...I hope so.(Josh couldn't go to the doctor because he had a test in class that day). After getting the confirmation from the doctor....and getting an EDD of May 24th....meaning I was 5 weeks along at that point....he gave me the referral to the OB. I contacted his office and they set an appointment for several weeks out...they won't see you until you are 8-10 weeks along....so the chance for a miscarriage is lower and you can see or hear the heart beat! So the waiting began. I never even felt "pregnant" ..... it wasn't like "I knew"....or "could just feel a difference"....we were not expecting it at all......but let me tell you.....week 6 came and so did the sickness and sleepiness! Since week 6 I have been nauseated and tired 24/7....thankfully I did not throw up......that is until just recently....when my vertigo issues decided that they wanted to kick back in....and let me tell you....vertigo and nausea do not go good together! Anyway......I had my first OB appointment when I was....what we thought 8 1/2 weeks along. When we finally got in to see the doctor.....did the initial weight, blood, etc. check.....had the "in his office" talk....we finally got to go and have a sonogram to see how things were.....and sure enough.....there the little peanut shell was....at least that is what it looked like to me. It was really neat to be able to see it and watch it move....and see the heart beat! Josh was completely amazed...he couldn't stop going..."whoa....wow...oh wow....etc."! The little one was moving its head and arms like crazy....and we found out that we are really a week further along than we had originally thought! So now our EDD is May 19. I am about 10 1/2 weeks along....so I am hoping that once week 12 hits all this sickness will be gone! We are so excited to be on this new journey in or lives...and are so thankful to God for blessing us in His time with such a precious gift! I have attached a picture of our first sonogram. Josh went a little crazy on the labeling....he is already such a proud daddy....and can't wait to have some one to play soccer with!

12 comments:

Lou Ann & Banks said...

Two plus one make three...what great parents you guys will be! We love you and can't wait to meet the little 'guy'. Sorry Amanda but my initial feeling is XY.

The McGuire's said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!! We are so happy for you guys. Prayers are already going out for the little Dish.

Rachel said...

OMG! I had no idea. Congratulations!!! :-P

rebecca said...

Yay yay yay! I can't wait to meet little Dish when we get out there :)

Katie said...

I came across your blog through some other military related blogs- hope you don't mind! I'm also the wife of a service member.


And most of all Congrats! Hope the sickness goes away soon!

Debbie said...

I am just sooooooooo excited!!! I can't wait to see my first precious grandchild!! I love ya'll so much!

Mom/Debbie

Momma Ward said...

Don't say my Grandchild looks like a peanut. Thats the cutest baby in the world. Hang in there its all worth it when you hear that first cry.

Love you,
Mom

Wendell & Mary said...

SOOOO EXCITED for you!!! Congratulations!

Jane said...

You're gonna be the BEST Mommy EVER! I am so excited for yall!

Anonymous said...

Little peanut...should we start buying everything we can find that has a peanut on it..or is a peanut??
The nausea will go away soon..enjoy every minute of this..truly!!

See ya soon!

Aunt Kathy

The Fretts said...

YEA!!!!!! I am so happy for you both! Josh is too cute about the whole thing. You guys will make great parents! Can't wait to see you waddling around later this year! Eric and I miss you both...or should I say three! YEA!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats...the two of you will be great parents, and the sickness will pass!! Hang in there girl, but I have to say if its not one thing (morning sickness) its another ;) Its all worth it in the end!! Congrats again!!!