Josh and I have been keeping pretty busy lately. He has finals on Monday and Tuesday of this coming week so he has been busy with final projects.....papers.....and getting his final reviews. I have been busy with work as usual....but we did have a chance this past Friday to go on a wine tasting bus tour. We just had to pay $4.25 and could ride the bus all day long to any winery....and back home. It was so much fun. We only stopped at 5 wineries...we figured that that was more than enough tasting for one afternoon. We started out at Morgan winery...which some of you may be familiar with...A LOT of restruants in 48 states serve their wine.(
www.morganwinery.com) We picked up a Sauvignon Blanc at this winery. I really liked it...Josh couldn't decide what he liked the best so I got to pick. After Morgan we hopped back on the bus and headed out to Carmel Village...which by the way Aunt Kathy and Daddy would LOVE! It is definitely a must see if you make it out here Aunt Kathy and when you come back to visit Daddy! Anyways...we went to the other 4 there. There was like 8 with in walking distance in Carmel Village....it was a wine lovers DREAM! Our first stop in the village was Boekenoogen winery (
www.boekenoogenwines.com) We really liked the wine there but ending up getting a wine that they were showcasing for another vineyard called Pacheco Ranch and we got the Cabernet Sauvignon. After Boekenoogen we decided that we should stop for lunch and get some food in us before we regreted it...so we stopped at Will's Fargo (
www.willsfargo.com) and the food was really good and the atmosphere was even better! After eating we headed over to Chateau Sinnet winery(
www.chateausinnet.com) . The guy giving the tastings was CRAZY...but that is a whole nother story in itself. We got a dessert wine there it is a Blackberry Chagall...I think we will be using that one for cooking with steak and what not. Our fourth stop was Bernardus winery (
www.bernardus.com) but didn't really like their wines much so we didn't buy anything from them. Our final stop was Joullian winery (
www.joullian.com) and had made it just in time for a special release party and got free cheese and crackers and got to meet the owner and maker of the wines. We picked up and Zinfandel Rose there. That concluded our wine tasting tour for the day. We were pretty tired and full of wine by that time so we decided to head back to the house.
This past Monday was the first night of the womens bible study that I joined at our church here. We are doing a Beth Moore Study- Believing God. It is suppose to be a 9 week series but we are doing it slower because it is so intense....so it is going to be a 20 week series and we meet every Monday night. There are about 15-20 women in the study....and of all ages. I am really excited about the study and about getting to know the other ladies better. Here is a website for the church we go to here....just in case anyone is interested....
www.shorelinechurch.orgOn Tuesday Josh and I went to the Farmers Market. I forgot my camera so I couldn't take pictures of the market like I keep meaning to. Unfortunetly none of the flowers this week were anyhting that I really wanted. But I did get this really cute hand made dress! I absolutely love it! It is probably my favorite dress right now! Here is a picture of it......
I couldn't get a good picture of the full thing but I like that it has long sleeves....

This is a close up of the bottom....my favorite part
6 comments:
That's too cute! Get a picture of you in it, if you can :)
That sounds awesome! I would love to do a wine tour :) I checked out the church website. Glad you guys found a place.
Sounds like you had a great time!!! The dress is really cute too!
a. i think the dress is adorable and very YOU.
b. is the farmer's market year round? i'm very jealous.
c. when i come see you i plan on being there for a sunday morning service (and maybe a post service lunch of honey balsamic chicken :]) and for a monday night bible study, just so you know. :)
the dress is really cute!! Of course I looked at all the websites of the wineries..sounds like your bus tour was alot of fun..your church website looks great as well..hope we get to come before you leave for somewhere else..
Aunt Kathy
A good Baptist girl would never visit 5 wineries!!! Maybe you should try dancing next!! But you don't have to worry about that anymore you joined the dark side with me and went non-denominational. Welcome!!
Post a Comment