About Me

My photo
We are extremely blessed! J and I have been happily married for 4 years and continue to grow and learn more about each other everyday(you would think after knowing each other for over 15 years there wouldn't be anything else to learn)!! Josh is currently a submarine officer in the Navy. We just finished up our shore duty in Monterey, CA and SOAC(dept.head school) in Groton, CT and are now living in Virginia for a short while where Josh is the ENG on the Tennessee. We will be moving to Georgia with in the next year and couldn't be more excited! While Josh is busy on the submarine I am busy raising our two sweet little girls Adah and Michaela! We love being parents and watching our sweet baby girls grow, change, and learn each day! Can't forget about our first "children"...our crazy cats Izzy and Ollie! We have been blessed with the best friends and family in the world. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the coming years!

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

5K......Check.....

Well...believe it or not....I did it! I ran in my first ever race. This past Sunday was my first ever 5k run. The run was in Boston, Massachusetts. Let me just tell you.......it was 32 degrees with a wind chill in the 20's when we woke up that morning.....so we turned on the news and checked to see if the race was still going to happen.....what were we thinking....of course crazy Boston is still going to have the race. So Ashley and I got ready and ate breakfast.....then left to catch the subway to were the race was to be. We got there a little early so we sat around for a bit then started stretching(all indoors) before we all got called outside to get lined up at the starting line. By this time it was about this time I think the tempature had gotten up to about 34 max! So yes...we were FREEZING! Then what do you knwo......the race began.....up hill......no big deal...til we turned the corner to at the top of that hill to run up another hill.....when we got to the top of that hill we look out toward the Boston water.....and what do you know....nothing but hills!!!!!!! I thought I was going to have heart attack right then and there....!!!!! But Ashley and I just kept going! We ran all the way (up and down hills) to the end(half way)....made a circle and turned around and ran back up and down the same hills we just ran.....then we get to the end.....and what do you knwo.....we finished going UP a hill.....! I will admit that I did walk a couple of times...but I finished the race and I even finished it 10min. faster than what I had expected myself to. I finished in 35 min and 56 seconds. I think that is pretty good for my first time.....Ashley did an AMAZING job and finished in just over 30min. After we were done we went inside and had some water and fruit...then headed back to the subway to go and get some lunch.....we went and had some lunch at Cheesecake Factory then headed back to Ashley's apartment to relax...shower and watch a movie (by the way...we watched "In her Shoe's" very cute movie). After relaxing I headed back to Connecticut. Rachel said that because I did so well that I could go out for Ice cream....so me rachel christie and mary all went out for ice cream/dinner then came back to my apartment for some DDR(dance dance revolution)! I have some GREAT pictures from the dancing so I will have to post those.....I also need to get the pictures from the race from Ashley....and I will post those! That is about all I have for now.....Josh is still gone still...so continue to pray for him and the rest of the guys as they are out. BYE!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Aunt Kathy

valerie said...

i'm just giving you something new and exciting for when you check your blog next... because we know you will be checking in the next 5 minutes or so.

get some pictures up pronto! actually i just want the picture of the 4 of us from good friday... please, and thank you :)